I had absolutely no intention of ever doing any more challenges but when I saw this classics one which is being hosted by Katherine Cox at November’s Autumn I decided to join in because it will fit in with my reading for 2012 anyway. It’s more of a bloghop really, with the action going on on the 4th of the month – which should be fun!
So my list of seven classic books to be read in 2012 is:
1. The Eustace Diamonds by Anthony Trollope
2. The Prime Minister by Anthony Trollope
3. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
4. Summer by Edith Wharton
5. To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
6. The Old Wives’ Tale by Arnold Bennett
7. The Pirate by Sir Walter Scott
I haven’t read any of these books before but they’ve been hanging around the house for years, patiently waiting to be read so this challenge is really going to encourage me to get stuck into them at last. It’ll be interesting to see what the other people involved in the challenge are planning on reading too.
Thanks Katherine, for organising it all.