It’s Classics Club Spin #12 and below is my list of twenty books, one of which I’ll be reading and blogging about by May 2nd, when I should be in Holland again, but I’m sure I’ll manage to make time to take part in the spin.
1. Veranilda by George Gissing
2. Hungry Hill by Daphne du Maurier
3. The Bride of Lammermoor by Sir Walter Scott
4. Angel by Elizabeth Taylor
5. The Black Arrow by Robert Louis Stevenson
6. The Trial by Franz Kafka
7. The Dynasts by Thomas Hardy
8. Oblomov by Ivan Goncharov
9. Kenilworth by Sir Walter Scott
10. The Way We Live Now by Anthony Trollope
11. Down and Out in Paris and London by George Orwell
12. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
13. Nana by Emile Zola
14. Is He Popenjoy by Anthony Trollope
15. The Castle by Franz Kafka
16. Lady Anna by Anthony Trollope
17. East of Eden by John Steinbeck
18. Quentin Durward by Sir Walter Scott
19. The Fair Maid of Perth by Sir Walter Scott
20. Salem Chapel by Mrs Oliphant
There’s nothing in the list that I particularly dread coming up in the spin, but I suspect that I would get most pleasure from reading a Trollope – so numbers 10, 14 and 16 would be particularly welcome.
What about you, are you joining in the spin this time?