Yes it’s that time again – Classics Club Spin and this one is number 21. If you’re taking part you have to list twenty books from your Classics Club list which still have to be read before September the 23rd 2019 which is when the number will be chosen. Whichever number is chosen in the spin is the book to be read before 31st of October 2019.
My list is:
1. Montaigne essays
2. High Wages by Dorothy Whipple
3. Miss Marjoribanks by Margaret Oliphant
4. Kenilworth by Sir Walter Scott
5. The Tempest by Shakespeare
6. Summer Half by Angela Thirkell
7. Hungry Hill by Daphne du Maurier
8. The House in Norham Gardens by Penelope Lively
9. Sweet Thursday by John Steinbeck
10. The Black Arrow by Robert Louis Stevenson
11. The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov
12. Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee by Dee Brown
13. Rider of the White Horse by Rosemary Sutcliff
14. An Infamous Army by Georgette Heyer
15. Angel Pavement by J.B. Priestley
16. End of the Chapter by John Galsworthy
17. The Trial by Franz Kafka
18. Salem Chapel by Margaret Oliphant
19. The Way We Live Now by Anthony Trollope
20. The Corn King and the Spring Queen by Naomi Mitchison
This is just about all of the books still unread on my second list of 50 classics, but I’m really bad at putting my reviews on the Classics Club review page, so I must get around to sorting that out. I hope the spin number is 10 The Black Arrow, or maybe An Infamous Army as people seem to love it so, or Summer Half as it’ll be light-hearted.
Are any of these ones a favourite of yours?