* List any twenty books you have left to read from your Classics Club list.
* Number them from 1 to 20.
* On Friday 9th March the Classics Club will announce a number.
* This is the book you need to read by 30th April 2018
Yes it’s Classics Club Spin time again. Just a bit of fun and the bonus for me is I don’t have to decide which book to read next. So I’m listing 20 books from my Classics Club list. April the 30th seems a long way away to me, but no doubt it’ll gallop up on us. The spin number will be announced on March the 9th.
My list is:
1. The American Senator by Anthony Trollope
2. Nana by Emile Zola
3. The Bride of Lammermoor by Sir Walter Scott
4. Hungry Hill by Daphne du Maurier
5. The Black Arrow by R.L. Stevenson
6. The Broken Road by Patrick Leigh Fermor
8. Summer Half by Angela Thirkell
9. Kenilworth by Sir Walter Scott
10. Les Liaisons Dangereuses by Laclos
11. Freckles by Gene Stratton Porter
12. High Wages by Dorothy Whipple
13. Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi
14. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
15. Orkneyinga Saga
16. The Way We Live Now by Anthony Trollope
17. The House in Norham Gardens by Penelope Lively
18. The Corn King and the Spring Queen by Naomi Mitchison
19. Miss Marjoribanks by Margaret Oliphant
20. If This Is a Man by Primo Levi
I’m not terribly fussed which number I get but as I’ve recently read Anna Karenina and at the moment I’m reading Pawn in Frankincense, both of which are hefty volumes, I’d rather avoid a chunkster. I’ve just realised though that there are quite a few thick books on my list.