Last week we visited a booksale that occurs just one weekend in the year and the books in the photo above are about half of my haul.
1. Pigeon Pie by Nancy Mitford
2. Sweet Thursday by John Steinbeck
3. Requiem for a Wren by Nevil Shute
4. The Foolish Gentlewoman by Margery Sharp
5. The Homicidal Colonel by Robert Player
6. Katherine Wentworth by D.E. Stevenson
7. Lady of Quality by Georgette Heyer
8. The Case is Closed by Patricia Wentworth
9. The Lowlands of Scotland by George Scott-Moncrieff
As often happens- when I got home I realised that I already had a couple of the books, but not to worry I can pass them on to someone. The Lowlands of Scotland is one of them and my original copy doesn’t have a dust-jacket, I relly like the cover so I’m pleased I got it anyway.
The Patricia Wentworth book is a modern paperback but it looks like they have used an original cover from around 1937 when it was first published.
I’m particularly looking forward to reading the Steinbeck and Shute books. Have any of you read any of these books?