I did manage to complete the 20 books in my 20 Books of Summer list but haven’t managed to review them all, I had a big backlog to get through at one point as the weather was so wet during parts of July that almost all I was doing was reading! I also read several more books that weren’t on the list. August has been a great month weather-wise with parts of Scotland being the hottest places in the UK, very unusual, but very welcome, we can’t complain much about this summer – for once.
Looking back at my list, it seems like far more than two or three months since I read some of them. The book that I liked least was definitely Julia by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles, it didn’t put me off the name Julia though!
There were several books that I really loved, it turned out to be a good list. It has been all very bookish on Pining recently though and as we haven’t been going out and about much at all but we visited Edzell Castle a couple of days ago so I’ll be blogging about that soon.
1. Mamma by Diana Tutton
2. The Spring of the Ram by Dorothy Dunnett
3. The New House Captain by Dorita Fairlie Bruce
4. Julia by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles
5. Henrietta’s House by Elizabeth Goudge
6. Tortoise by Candlelight by Nina Bawden
7. The Fascinating Hat by Isabel Cameron
8. The School at the Chalet by Elinor M. Brent-Dyer
9. Lightly Poached by Lillian Beckwith
10. Appleby’s Answer by Michael Innes
11. The Feast by Margaret Kennedy
12. The Women of Troy by Pat Barker
13. Goodnight Mister Tom by Michelle Magorian
14. The Shield Ring by Rosemary Sutcliff
15. White Boots by Noel Streatfeild
16. Neither Five Nor Three by Helen MacInnes
17. bag and baggage by Judy Allen
18. After a Dead Dog by Colin Murray
19. Cross Gaits by Isabel Cameron
20. The Grove of Eagles by Winston Graham