I’ve decided to join in with 20 Books of Summer this time around. It’s hosted by Cathy at 746 Books. This should be very easy for me to complete as I’ll definitely be reading at least that many books between June the 1st and September the 1st.
Click on the picture to enlarge it.
Rome by Helen MacInnes
2. The Road Home by Rose Tremain
3. My Friend Flora by Jane Duncan
4. Winter Holiday by Arthur Ransome
5. The Citadel by A.J. Cronin
6. North froml_id=-1&preview=true”>The House of Doctor Dee by Peter Ackroyd
7. The Runaway by Elizabeth Anna Hart
8. Madame Solario by Gladys Huntingdon
9. Autumn Quail by Naguib Mahfouz
10. Peter Pan in Scarlet by Geraldine McCaughrean
11. An Old-Fashioned Girl by Louisa May Alcott
12. The Berry Scene by Dornford Yates
13. The Flight of the Heron by D.K. Broster
14. Wolf Among Wolves by Hans Fallada
15. The Dark Wood Wandering by Hella S. Haasse
16. The Mermaid and Mrs. Hancock by Imogen Hermes Gowar
17. Call for the Dead by John le Carre
18. A Murder of Quality by John le Carre
19. The House in Norham Gardens by Penelope Lively
20. Snow by Orhan Pamuk
I think this is a fairly good mixture of espionage, historial fiction, children’s classics, Scottish authors, books in translation – and various others. Having this list should mean that I don’t have too hard a time deciding which book to read next, with just these 20 to choose from. I hope to dip into some non-fiction too but that will just depend on my mood at the time.
Have you read any of these ones?